Phone won't turn on

Last Updated:

1. ChopaH

ChopaH Member This Topic's Starter

I tried rooting my phone and I think I did it unsuccesfully even though I had super user privilages. I then tried unrooting it last night and when rebooting after the process was finished the phone wouldn't turn on. I tried a battery pull and I when I pressed the power button it would vibrate but nothing comes on the screen. And when its plugged into the computer it comes up as an uknown device. Please help!

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

What happens when you hold volume down + power to turn it on?

3. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

Yeah, see if you can turn phone on and boot into into Hboot (volume down + power button). If so, you should be able to fix it. Btw, if you had superuser privileges... that is called "having root." I hope you had S=Off. Either way, if you can get into Hboot, it should still be fixable.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

ChopaH likes this.
  5. ChopaH

Yeah that's exactly what happened. This fixed it all I had to do was go through the factory stuff when I first got the phone. Thanks a bunch, I will be more careful with my phone next time. I just found this forum today and am going to run any plans I have with it through here first to make sure I know what I'm doing.

6. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

why did you unroot after rooting?

7. ChopaH

Well I'm pretty positive I did it incorrectly. I did it cause I wanted better battery life. I had superuser on the phone but when following a tutorial to increase the battery life it told me to run cmd and something about sdk and I didn't do that. After doing it also a few of my apps started to not work correctly and I thought it may have something to do with it so I figured I should unroot it and start over. I'm planning on getting help from the people on this forum to make sure I do it correctly.

8. rtm0004

rtm0004 Well-Known Member

always make a nandroid backup before you go messing around, that way you have a point to revert back to where you know everything works