Phone won't turn on...Support

Last Updated:

1. tangomango

tangomango Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Last night my phone had about 5% of battery and I forgot to charge it. This morning the phone wasn't turning on so I left it to charge all morning (by using the same way I always do, by USB). I'm trying to turn it on now after about 10hours and it won't turn on.

I see the white little when I plug in the USB but the actual phone won't turn on. I've tried the battery pull to no avail.

Any ideas?

This actually happened before, same exact thing, but it worked after a few battery pulls.

Advertisement
  2. droidftw

droidftw Well-Known Member

plug it in by wall charger and it should work

3. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Depending on the computer, the power output of a USB port can be very poor. Stock Droid charger is 5.1V/850mA. A USB port is only required to output 5.1V at 100mA. Usually more, but when you drain the battery down to the bone like that you'll definitely want to plug it into the wall.

4. tangomango

I hate to bump this old thread, but a similiar problem has come up. I've got a charger (http://skattertech.com/media/2008/07/lg-dare-power-supply-usb.jpg) that I'm using which has been charging for about 5-6hours now. The phone battery itself is heating up. Whenever I try to power on the phone, it justs shows a blank LED screen. I have to battery pull for it to 'shut off.'

Should I leave it charging for a few more hours?

EDIT: The white light on the side that indicates charging is not lite up either...:[

5. tangomango

anyone?