• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone won't turn on.

D

Deleted User

Well I turned off my phone last night and started charging it in the morning (i did not turn it on) then when I went to leave I grabbed my phone and tried to turn it on ,but the phone wouldn't turn on. I figured maybe a bad battery or dead one so I switched in one that I knew was fully charged ,but my phone will still not turn on and I do not know what to do... How can I turn it on?

When I charge my phone the light doesn't come on...

That's usually not good. Try it with your other battery and see if the light comes on. At the end of the day if it still won't turn on, leave it plugged in overnight and try holding down the power button for 30 seconds after at least an 8 hour charge.
Also, take the battery out before the overnight charge, and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then replace the battery and continue with other stuff.

Maybe even try leaving the battery out for like 30 minutes before you try turning it on without a battery.

Upvote 0
Well what I did was take out the battery and sd card and put in in front of my vent for 2 hours. Then I put in the battery and it worked... The thing is I didn't get any water in it or anything ,so I don't know why this happened.. Thanks guys

The vent may not have helped (couldn't hurt). I think leaving the battery out for 2 hours was key.
Whatever mode your phone entered, I think residual power may have kept it in that mode, thus my suggestion to leave the battery out for 30 minutes to be sure all power was gone. Not sure if 30 minutes would have been long enough, did you try that btw?

Upvote 0
Had this problem YESTERDAY. Coincidence? I think not. I fixed it by removing battery and sdcard, HOLDING POWER BUTTON IN FOR 30 SECONDS, then replacing sdcard and battery

Just removing/replacing battery did not work, there must have been some power to dissipate. By removing the battery for hours that would also drain residual capacitance. This just takes a few hours less

EDIT: Do not freeze your phone, as suggested, unless the battery is burning hot, which is a different issue all together

Upvote 0
Holy Crap!!!

Does every EVO V have to go through this at least once? Is it a rite of passage? This morning, I was using my phone before taking a shower. I turned the screen off and by the time I was on my way to work, it wouldn't turn on. The charge light wouldn't turn on at all either.

So I removed my battery and held the power button in...but then I decided to take the SD card out and hold power one more time. In hindsight, I wish I had tried to turn it on after taking out only the battery...this would have at least confirmed if the SD card needs to come out.

I updated to Blurom r89 last night and had a random reboot shortly after doing so when I was changing my governor in Kernel Tuner. Then this happens the next morning. It's probably coincidental...but I wanted to mention it.

Reactions: Enazsem
Upvote 0
Somebody said not long ago that his screen had died & he had to order a replacement screen i think he said that was a common flaw in the 3d, but have u tried a hdmi to usb. See if the tv boots into docking bay mode? & if so if it even has touch capabilities after? , u might have to get a replacement phone from virgin if its been less than a year since u bought it

Upvote 0
ummm ive tried everything and my phone still wont turn on....ive left the battery out for at least 8 hours, took out the battery and the sd card and held the power button for 30 seconds but it still wont turn on...well i guess i can turn it on, but not all the way. like it will start but when it gets the the carrier page (i have net 10) it freezes.... and i have to take out the battery to make it stop showing that page. idk what to do....

Upvote 0
ummm ive tried everything and my phone still wont turn on....ive left the battery out for at least 8 hours, took out the battery and the sd card and held the power button for 30 seconds but it still wont turn on...well i guess i can turn it on, but not all the way. like it will start but when it gets the the carrier page (i have net 10) it freezes.... and i have to take out the battery to make it stop showing that page. idk what to do....

Is your phone an EVO V?

Upvote 0
Myphone is a android and it won't turn on or nothing all it will do is make the droid sound
Hello there and welcome jalisa!
Perhaps you can tell me what device you have and what carrier?
Also, what events led up to this issue? How old is the device and/or battery?
Is the phone rooted?
I know, alot of questions, but the more we know about your device and things that you have/have not done to it lately, the better.
:D

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
So, I have read all the advice there is on here. Maybe someone can help me? I have a galaxy note 2 and last night my phone had died and now will not turn on. I also have no red light as to when my phone charges. I had it on the charger all last night. Took it off this morning and nothing. I can't even go into reset mode now. I am trying the freezer thing now, but if it doesn't work what are my options? I have basically tried everything there is and still no luck!

Upvote 0
Okay, never mind.. I figured it out my self.. But I will also leave an advice on how I got mine fixed, I don't know if it will help but you can always try. I ended up putting my battery in the freezer ( zipblock bag) for 5 minutes. while it was in the freezer I held the power key on the phone on for about a minute, I then put the battery back in the phone and used the charger I had no luck whatsoever so I then hooked my laptop up and tried charging it threw my laptop and walla my red charger light came on. so I let it sit for about an hour powered on and tada its on................. =)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones