• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone wont turn on

ggutier49

Lurker
Sep 15, 2014
OK guys

just got a replacement phone from insurance a week ago and everything has been going fine. I was playing around last night and the phone turned off in the middle of surfing the web. I attempted to turn it back on to no avail. Removed the battery several times and each time i would put the battery back in the phone would turn on long enough for the Galaxy S4 screen to pop up but then quickly turn off again. I can hold the volume down button and that will show me a brief glimpse of a custom OS screen but that only lasts for a second before it turns off again.

I have plugged the phone into the charger provided and even my laptop with and without memory and sim cards. It has been charging for over an hour now and have even tried a spare battery i had and still no sign of life. Nothing is working!!!!

The phone was/is rooted and only bloatware was removed. I recently fixed permissions but the phone still worked for a while after that. There is no custom OS loaded even though safestrap is installed.

I am really at a loss here guys. What should i do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones