Phone won't vibrate when receiving SMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. themacedonian

themacedonian New Member This Topic's Starter

I have a question. The phone is set to vibrate when receiving SMS messages in the Messaging options. I only receive the audio notification and no vibration. I have also tried it with the program SMSPopup and its the same thing. I downloaded another one, SMSMorse, and it vibrates with this one, vibrating in morse code the message or the sender's name. The problem is that the morse code is long and it wastes the battery.

I have sent a complaint to SE and they told me to take out the battery so it resets but no lock. The next thing they told me is to do a factory reset but I dont want to lose all of my settings and everything.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Advertisement
  2. sleepless

sleepless Well-Known Member

I use Handcent, works fine.

3. themacedonian

themacedonian New Member This Topic's Starter

I tried it with Handcent too, same thing.

4. EmTeeZie

EmTeeZie New Member

I know its gonna sound patronizing but have you tried going into your sms threads and pressing menu>settings then scroll to the very bottom and select vibration? I had the same problem then when using an app named missed call stumbled across these settings and kicked myself.

Bexy likes this.
  5. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

I don't think mine does either. And in settings (sound) it was set to vibrate but, lo and behold in the SMS settings, it isn't. Didn't realise there was another place to set it thanks EmTeeZie, now maybe I'll get my partners texts when my phones in my pocket lol.