Phone worth Rooting, or wait?

Last Updated:

1. Ashido

Ashido Active Member This Topic's Starter

Is this phone worth rooting yet? The last time I rooted an Android phone when it first came out, it ended up performing worse than stock. Is this going to be the same case?

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

I'm waiting. I've heard elsewhere that Tmo/Samsung know about the gps problems(and maybe this lag issue others bring up, I've yet to notice yet). So even if you root now, dont know what an update will bring. But then who knows who long that would take.

3. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

on the flip side, rooting this phone is so simple it takes literally only a few minutes and does not require ADB or anyother software to implement. It's as simple as downloading a file to your internal SD card, turn off your phone, boot into Recovery Menu (up vol, down vol and power all at the same time), use the up and down volume keys to select press the down select re-install packages then press the power button to select that option. The files will be installed, the phone will re-boot and you'll have root access. For me the hardest part was finding the keys to press to get in to Recovery Mode as most initial posts indicated only Down Vol and Power.

Anyway a good how-to can be found here and removing Root can be found here

4. Ashido

Ashido Active Member This Topic's Starter

So I actually don't have to install another custom ROM... if that's the case then there is no downside to root because it can be removed. Mind as well then

5. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

I see no point in rooting unless you plan to do stuff that requires it. Remove stock apps, custom roms, etc. Since wifi tethering isn't updated to work with the phone yet, I didn't include that. As of now, I don't think the phone is worth rooting.

Root if you want to do something that requires it, otherwise wait. Once that wifi tethering is updated to work, gonna root my phone.

6. kkarlin

kkarlin Well-Known Member

Two words, Titanium Backup - if nothing else that gives significant meaning to root for me. As a former Behold 2 user, Titanium Backup made my life bearable by streamling the restore process if I had to restore settings to factory default or install a new ROM. :)