Phone would NOT recharge - SCARY!Support

Last Updated:

1. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 21, 2010

Had a scary and bizarre moment with my EVO today. Was on the road and away from a charger and was using the phone heavily so that it COMPLETELY ran out of juice.

It kind of shuddered and the lights went out.

Normally when that happens I plug it into the car charger and the light blinks orange for a while then when it turns solid I can turn it back on. Well this time, nada - no orange light, no nothing.

Took it home and plugged it in - again, nothing - was beginning to think my EVO was cooked.

Finally, as a last resort I took the battery out and replaced it a few times. I also slapped my EVO and shook it. Just when I was ready to finally give up and get ready to pony up $100 for the deductible on my insurance - voila - orange flashing light! Whew!

So, does this just happen sometimes if you completely drain an EVO? Do I maybe have a short somewhere? Did smacking it actually help or was that just a coincidence?

Thankful but confused. Its like worrying that you have cancer because you have a huge tumor on your head. You are relieved to find out it isn't cancer, but you still wonder where the tumor came from.

2. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Ive let my phone die all the way 4 or 5 times and have never had any problem like this, it always shuts its self off not just dies with no power and Ive never had a problem charging it afterwards, maybe you should exchange your phone if your within the 30 days.:confused: