Phone wouldn't turn on

Last Updated:

1. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so I rooted my phone yesterday and all has been going great, then today I couldn't get it to come out of sleep mode. I had to actually pull the battery to get it to load up. Once I did all systems were a GO again.

To worry, or unless it keeps up forget it ever happen? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

Might have just been a quirk. I'd say just wait to see if it ever does it again.

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

I had an issue today with my Moto Droid not turning on. I ran it dead today and put it on the charger and the white light on the side was on but the phone would not power on. I had to plug and unplug 2 or 3 times and the phone powered on automatically. (Cross my fingers and hope it doesn't happen again.)

4. SinfulDragon

isn't that just an issue with the battery being 100% dead and it needing X charge before it could turn on?

5. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

When I have problems getting my Droid turned on, I just buy it flowers and a nice meal.:D

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I just flash mine with my bugless beauty.

7. SinfulDragon

ok, same issues this AM, Will start with uninstalling Mobile Defense as a system app to see if that helps, from there I'll remove K9 Mail, and then unroot the phone, those are the three changes I've made since the issue started.
    I'll Keep you all updated.

8. SinfulDragon

same song and dance this AM, K9 uninstalled now. I don't see this fixing it so I am all ready to unroot the phone in the AM

9. gotwillk

gotwillk Well-Known Member

I had the same problem last night. I just left it on my desk and an hour later I went back to try and turn it on and it wouldn't. didn't install any new software either or root. I did get a couple of IMs in between that hour and I ignored it. went back later to check it and couldn't do nanything to turn on the phone. had to do a battery pull.

10. SinfulDragon

just read that corrupt data on the SD Card could be the issue.

I guess I'll put reseat and format card on the list of things to try before taking back to VZW as well. Actually want to reseat now but don't want that to fix the issue then me never go back to K9 Mail (that app was so awesome)

11. SinfulDragon

two days now without K9 and no issues in the AM, reinstalling Mobile Defense as a system app, if all is well with that, will reinstall K9 and hope that maybe my last install was corrupt in some manner.