Phonebook/Contacts question.

Last Updated:

1. crish

crish Active Member This Topic's Starter

Had my Hero a while now but still cant figure out why all my contacts do not appear in my phonebook.
    I'm still having to go into People to find phone numbers.
    Surely both the phonebook and People should have the same contacts in?
    Or do they just appear on the phonebook list once you've contacted them?

Ta
    Chris

Advertisement
  2. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer VIP Member

What do you mean by phonebook? Do you mean when you press the call button? If so have you got the contacts phone numbers set correctly as a phone type, i.e. Home, Work, Mobile and not some other data type?

3. crish

Yea the call button..
    Yes i have all my contacts set up as you've said.
    Confuses the hell out of me!

4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

On my Hero, the phonebook app lists all my contact (people) entries which have phone-numbers, but I did notice it list call history first which made me come to the same conclusion you did until I scrolled down below the call history list. HTC needs to make that separator in the Phone app more noticeable like a tag at the top saying 'Call History', and a tag at the split saying 'People' (or Contacts...) I just know it confused me.

5. crish

Yea i've noticed that too but i definately have contacts listed in my People list that arent in my dialler/phonebook

6. hauwquek

hauwquek Member

Yes bluenova is correct. The Phonebook only displays your friends who have telephone numbers. So if you have set them up only with emails or faxes for example, they won't be displayed.

I had this problem when I first sync my contacts. For some reasons many of the telephone numbers became 'General', as a result they are not displayed. And I have to manually move them to 'Mobile' or 'Workplace' or 'Home'.

Rgds