Phonebook contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. RizXperia

RizXperia Well-Known Member

14/10/10

Morning folks am looking for an answer , am saving contacts on my Xperia X10 and am not sure if they are saving to phone or the sim card ? How can u tell where they are being stored ?

Just now i am going into phonebook and selecting new contact from the sub menu once i hit the key on the left it then displays

first and last
    phone number
    email address
    etc ets

i take it this will store details to phone memory ? Is there a way i can store contact only to sim card and if so how ?

Thanks

Rizxperia

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hey Riz... As you didn't get any answers to this and your other thread I will tell you what I can and then see if anyone else can chip in!

On your question regarding deleting contacts from your Sim, on my X10 I can't see a way of doing this on the phone. The only way I guess you could clear your sim card would be to stick it in an old dumb phone and delete them all from there.

In response to the above question contact details are saved to the phones internal memory automatically when you create or edit a contact. If you want to save them to the sim card you can, but a sim can only hold limited information (name & number only) therefore it is better to save them/export them to your SD card as backup. From the phone book its Menu>More>Backup Contacts and from this point you can select Sim card or Memory Card. The SD card can hold the fuller contact information per user that the phone allows.

Hope it helps.
  3. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

The contacts default to the phones internal memory. The only way to get them to the SIM card is to use the menu in the settings for your SIM card and specifically save them on the card. The catch is only a very small amount of info from the contact is saved. So your best to not even really bother with it unless it is something you must do. Remember, they are also being stored in your Gmail Account...

Hey Rosered, you beat me by 3 minutes, slow typing..LOL
  4. paoneg

paoneg New Member

Hi Gunny,

On the SD, where does the contact gets stored. I want to transfer my contacts from my existing SE W810i. Please help.

Many thanks in advance.