Phonebook transfer to Pioneer AVIC-D3 car-kitSupport

Last Updated:

1. gatoro13

gatoro13 New Member This Topic's Starter

I could not find a way to transfer Nexus phonebook to my car's Pioneer AVIC-D3, although the Nexus automatically pairs with the Pio. system. In order to make calls I have to dial from the phone. Thanks for you help!

Advertisement
  2. aznkitten

aznkitten Member

Hey gatoro, I have Avic D3 too. Yours automatically pair? Mine doesn't. Unless I activate discoverable on the phone, everytime I get in my car, otherwise it doesn't pair. Can you tell me what you did?

As for the phonebook, I've tried a couple of apps in the market that apparently sends contacts via bluetooth, but no luck. Yeah, it would be nice if we get this to work.

3. gatoro13

gatoro13 New Member This Topic's Starter

You have to initiate pairing from the car's unit, search for phones, enter 0000 code, and register phone. Once you do that, Nexus will pair with Pio BT everytime. Wish to find a way to transfer phonebook, though

4. aznkitten

aznkitten Member

Hmmm. That's how I have it set up. Have the phone registered on D3. But for some reason, it wont auto pair when I get in my car... but works when i set the discoverable mode on (which would have been an ok work-around, if it didnt have a limit of 116 seconds or so)

5. AngryX

AngryX Member

sorry to bring up an older thread but was wondering if anyone had come up with a solution for this issue? I have a Kenwood DDX714 and although the phone pairs fine it won't download the address book. but it will record dialed calls after the call was made. another words it only shows the number that i dialed from the unit. it won't show all the numbers that have been dial. very strange.

6. willtell

willtell New Member

I work with car audio. What I have had my coworkers do when pushed with this issue is.

Contacts / People > menu > Import Export > Export contacts from Gmail to SD Card.

Car Kits can not pull contacts from sync with gmail or fbook. so on.

Hope that works for everyone. 3 years after :)