Phonebook transfer with Pioneer AVIC f900BT need helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. SableGTO

SableGTO Member This Topic's Starter

I found a few threads about the D3 and nothing with the f900BT. So here is one that is specific. Also none, of those for the D3 was for the Incredible. I paired the Incredible with the AVIC successfully. However, when I try to import the contacts I quickly get an error pop up that reads "No Telephone Number" and it fails. This has me very confused and I have tried repairing the phone several times to get it to work with no success. If anyone has been able to pair their Incredible with this b900BT head unit and import their contacts successfully, please post up how.

I have the latest 3.00001 download installed on my AVIC.

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

3. SableGTO

SableGTO Member This Topic's Starter

I have the latest bluetooth software downloaded on it already.

4. tigerdog

tigerdog Member

I have a similar problem with our AVIC-F900BT and LG Ally. I have finally been able to get the Pioneer to import the phone book by
    1) pair the phone to the Pioneer
    2) insure the link is established and make sure the basic phone functions work
    3) IMPORTANT: make sure the Phone app (dialer and/or phone book) is showing on the android phone. If the phone is on the home screen or some other screen, import fails every time.
    4) start the import. Click through all the prompts until the Pioneer says it's importing.
    5) keep twiddling the phone's screen so it doesn't go to sleep
    6) be patient - it took about 3 minutes to import my wife's contacts.

Operation is still unreliable. Other forums report known bluetooth incompatability with lots of in-car systems and Android 2.1. According to other threads, android 2.2 fixed a lot of peoples' issues.