PhonebookSupport

Last Updated: 2012-11-09 19:04:51
  1. namrita87

namrita87 Member

is there a way to backup the phonebook??
    i tried a few apps but they dont work properly.
    pls help as i want to reset my phone.....

Advertisement
  2. S_Id

S_Id Member

Open your contacts > Menu button > More > Copy Contacts > Phone to Sim.
  3. namrita87

namrita87 Member

But my sim card has low memory and so cant save all contacts. Pls tell any other reliable option to backup the phoneboook
  4. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

Use the Samsung kies software to backup your stuff (contacts and/or other stuff) to your computer.
  5. manan22

manan22 Member

go to

contacts > menu > inport/export best solution for backup contacts to sd card... all contacts...
  6. S_Id

S_Id Member

If you want, download Lookout anti virus from the app market, it has a backup tool that will save everything for you, you can recover it after you've reset your phone.
  7. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

When did people forget the whole point of Android is the Google syncing, store contacts to google phonebook, and volia, instant and constant backup.
  8. namrita87

namrita87 Member

Hi is thr a way to shift all contacts to gmail at once or do we need to do dat manually???
    Pls help....waitin fr a positive reply
  9. WilfMoralee

WilfMoralee Well-Known Member

if you go into contacts, select menu>>more>>import/export>> export to SD, and click confirm or yes this will put all of your contacts on the SD card in vcf format, all you do is then get that onto your desktop (email/bluetooth/usb cable), load up Gmail, click on contacts, and then on more options, click on import, and find the vcf file you just created, this should be spot on. but test before you delete phone contacts!
    namrita87 likes this.
  10. namrita87

namrita87 Member

Thanks alot! This worked perfect
  11. I have an unusual problem with my contacts. Everytime I click on contacts while composing an SMS I find duplicate entries of all contacts even though I have selected display only phone contacts in the Contacts Display Options. I am not sure if its because I have those contacts in my SIM as well. Should I delete my SIM contacts completely? Please help..
  12. namrita87

namrita87 Member

go to settings then click on display options and uncheck sim, hope this helps!
  13. I have done that already.. I see them appearing twice only when I chose contacts while composing a message.. otherwise its all great..
  14. javamann

javamann Well-Known Member

Hijacking this post, but how do I download phonebook to my car using Bluetooth?

JM