• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phoned Messed Up NEED HELP!!ASAP

ceabbott2

Jun 16, 2010
Henderson,KY
Ok tried to do EPST and forgot I was on Warm Z(can't do the epst on Warm Z). So I factory reset data wipe, then caulkins format all, then restored a nandroid (whoops I forgot I flashed the all radios zip and my nandroid had the old 1.77 NOT 1.90). I'm guessing that is how I screwed it up! But now I get the Amon Ra picture of the phone with the green arrows in a circle formation. Tried to take battery out and hold volume down and power to go into recovery but it takes me to the same Amon Ra screen. Any ideas what I can do? I'm dead in the water. AT THE FIRE STATION ALMOST EVERY SITE IS BLOCKED BY THE CITY! IF anyone has an answer can you email me at ceabbott@cityofhendersonky.org

Thanks Guys/Gals

PS Do I need to take micro sd card out reformat and place my backup from my laptop on the micro sd card?:eek: Both clock work and Amon Ra recoveries on on the sd card I just renamed them.

Sorry Mr. Ed my current radio is 2.15.00.11.19_WIMAX_27167_R01_PRI_NV_1.90_003 (That is the file I flashed just before I performed a nandroid restore of WarmZ) Everything on that radio is correct except I had flashed the older NV1.77 as a seperate flash because of battery issues. and How do i find my hboot(if you can list them I can tell you which one I just can't remember exactly It used to be the 0.76 but I know it changed)... Can I find it on my backup that is on my laptop?

The city isn't blocking this site yet. Oh yeah i can't access my hotmail account that I have on here because the city blocks hotmail, gmail but you can email me direct at ceabbott@cityofhendersonky.org

Sending email now. Need your current radio version and hboot clarified. Sounds like you have 1.90.

Need to run a rooted ruu...that should fix it up

Upvote 0
I found two seperate back ups of my sd card on my laptop if that helps. The most recent was 3/9/11.:) To explain my earlier post after I did the no brain epst fix on Warm Z I went into recovery to flash a stock sense back up and then I saw the old caulkins all radio flash and I thought sure why not (after I did a factory reset and caulkins format all) Then before I rebooted I flashed the nandroid of Warm Z and whallah Amon Ra screen with arrows. What an idiot!

Upvote 0
Sending email now. Need your current radio version and hboot clarified. Sounds like you have 1.90.

Need to run a rooted ruu...that should fix it up

Hey Mr. Ed I don't think I can do anything tonight to fix my phone. I don't have my data cable borrowed a coworkers but when I plug it in NADA! Two for some reason I let my sister in law borrow my micro sd card reader so I can't even pull my sd card out to place a file on the root. Any other way to fix my problem I can't think of it. What are you doing in the AM?:D Seriously if you want you can email me if you have time tommorrow. I'll be awake looking in here since EVERYTHING else is blocked by the city.

My co worker just found a card reader!!!! So I may be able to do it tonight. Ready Mr. Ed

Upvote 0
put your stuffs back on and flash a rom and be happy :D

Mr Ed

I know it's not much but THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU SIR!

You are a gentleman and a scholar! I for one appreciate everything you did for me and I am truly sorry to bother you during dinner.

Sincerely,

Charles:D

If you don't already know it...YOU DA MAN!!!!

Upvote 0
sorry to bump this but im searching on my fix for my problem i too am having issues with the phone icon with the green arrows in RA. Im not sure what your email said to the OP but did he fix this problem by deleting everything from his sd card and then reflashing the pc36img.zip for RA?

Upvote 0
sorry to bump this but im searching on my fix for my problem i too am having issues with the phone icon with the green arrows in RA. Im not sure what your email said to the OP but did he fix this problem by deleting everything from his sd card and then reflashing the pc36img.zip for RA?

I wouldnt think it would hurt to try that. Do you still have the PC36IMG file on your sdcard?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones