• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PhoneDog - HTC Incredible #1

I am totally baffled by the "plasticky" thing. I don't think the phone feels light or cheap at all.

I think their real issue is that the back is grippy, which definitely differentiates it from a metal droid or a smooth iphone... but the grippiness is a good thing imo! Of course this phone needs a case to stop the camera from sticking out like a sore thumb, so the grippiness is kind of a moot point...

Upvote 0
I am totally baffled by the "plasticky" thing. I don't think the phone feels light or cheap at all.

I think their real issue is that the back is grippy, which definitely differentiates it from a metal droid or a smooth iphone... but the grippiness is a good thing imo! Of course this phone needs a case to stop the camera from sticking out like a sore thumb, so the grippiness is kind of a moot point...

It is baffling. Look close at the picks of the EVO. I may be seing things, but it sure looks like they used the same materials on the EVO as they did on the incredible. Yet, you never hear anything about the EVO and the materials. Also funny, the Red interior of the Incredible was big news, but the EVO was the same way.

HTC EVO 4G hands-on - Engadget Galleries

Upvote 0
It is baffling. Look close at the picks of the EVO. I may be seing things, but it sure looks like they used the same materials on the EVO as they did on the incredible. Yet, you never hear anything about the EVO and the materials. Also funny, the Red interior of the Incredible was big news, but the EVO was the same way.

HTC EVO 4G hands-on - Engadget Galleries
Selective hearing, reading, and believing.

Upvote 0
Ya Noah, it's about time, and I couldn't have put it any better...the Incredible is perfect size and form, and is smooth as butter! I too felt that the Evo was an awesome phone, but would just be too big after awhile, and then there's the Sprint question. (Great price, spotty service)

So go ahead everyone and crown the Evo the greatest thing ever, and I'll respectfully disagree and enjoy my amazing, Droid Incredible on the best network!:D

Upvote 0
It deserves to be #1.

I don't think it's plasticy either. I think one may get that impression when handling the phone before the battery is inserted (cause the back gives) but after the battery is in it's solid and feels great. I liked the feel of the Eris so I'm real happy the Incredible stuck to that. It's pretty much exactly what I was looking for (a super Eris).

Reactions: PowerCosmic
Upvote 0
Do the Incredible and EVO have the same size (dimension-wise) batteries? From the pictures, it seems so.
I have never seen a picture of the EVO 4G with its battery cover removed. Taking that into account, I doubt they'd be the same size considering the EVO 4G will be a 4G-wielding, Snapdragon-powered, Android phone with a screen larger than the Droid Incredible; that would just be epic fail.

Upvote 0
I have never seen a picture of the EVO 4G with its battery cover removed. Taking that into account, I doubt they'd be the same size considering the EVO 4G will be a 4G-wielding, Snapdragon-powered, Android phone with a screen larger than the Droid Incredible; that would just be epic fail.

There are pictures of the phone with the battery pack displayed in the following Engadget gallery: HTC EVO 4G hands-on - Engadget Galleries

Looks like it has the same dimensions to me.

Upvote 0
I may be seing things, but it sure looks like they used the same materials on the EVO as they did on the incredible. Yet, you never hear anything about the EVO and the materials.

not sure about the materials used on the evo, but when the phone is released we may not hear the same comments about cheap feeling because it is heavier. right or wrong, heft if oft associated with quality. combine that with materials and people come up with all kind of perceptions. personally i like the size and feel of the incredible.

as for it being 1 on that list, very deserving.

Upvote 0
i disagree actually I would rather be able to just touch the screen to take a picture. pressing the button makes the phone shake and harder to get a steady pic imo

I love being able to touch the screen to tell it what to focus on. That auto focus is amazing, and being able to touch the screen to tell it exactly which item to focus on makes it so much easier. With a touch-screen trigger you wouldn't be able to do that (barring the long-touch, which apparently the Inc. does have, news to me, and good to know!) :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones