Phone's become slow and unresponsiveSupport

Last Updated:

1. miophone

miophone Active Member This Topic's Starter

since about 10pm last night my dhd has become unbelievably slow. every key press (whether it's accessing a menu or typing a word) has a delay and even loading my inbox takes several seconds.

the circular sync logo is displaying itself most of the time on the top right of the screen, so it could be something to do with that?

i've tried rebooting the phone, going offline etc. but nothing seems to be able to fix it.

anyone else had this problem with a desire or desire hd before? it worries me a little. i hate stuff like this...

Advertisement
  2. 3dyoni

3dyoni Member

yeap i did. i put it down to installing a lot of apps though. so i shut it down for a few minutes and then turned it back on again. worked much better. also i found having the sync going on in the background (which the market app irritatingly has to have on) will also slow things down.

3. miophone

miophone Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks.
    i've only downloaded about 10 apps (nothing special, skype, whatsapp etc) and i tried turning syncs off. things are still slow and i've had to temporarily go back to my iphone4 because i need to reply to emails from work quickly, and, at the moment, it's taking a few minutes just to get a few sentences to appear on the screen and press send.
    i'm at a loss. if anyone has a solution, i'd love to hear from them. thanks!

4. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

When I first got mine, was slow and thats because some installs in marketplace got stuck from automatic updating.

So check all that.

Sync..what have you got linked to it (twitter, facebook, htc sense, facebook sense contacts, etc)

5. Lalaland

Lalaland Well-Known Member

I had this problem on and off for a few days when I first got my DHD.

I found a way to fix my issue, I installed a cache clearing app that keeps an eye on the application cache for me. Since installing this I've never had an issue and my handset runs as fast as it did the first time I turned it on.

I've also installed Titanium Backup Pro today and removed Amazon MP3 Store and Soundhound. These are 2 of the 'bloatware' included apps that come on the DHD that you can't normally remove. Getting rid of stuff you don't use will free up resources - but you need to be careful that they aren't tied in to the system to avoid problems.

6. arlrb

arlrb Well-Known Member

Been good. Sim free from p4u. No such problems.
    But I'm really tempted to root this little beaut. Mmmmm....

7. Lalaland

Lalaland Well-Known Member

I've done it. It was worth it for the Cache clearing, full backup and removal of the Soundhound and Amazon MP3 store apps to be honest.

8. Noisy

Noisy New Member

I had the same problem only got my phone last night. There is an option under Settings/Applications/Development/USB debugging. Checked the option box and it's running smooth as :)