I'm sharing a little experience I had that might seem like your charger port is broken. I had my phone on, downloading a large file; I had left the phone next to me on my bed sheets. It seems when your phone running data it gains heat faster, plus since it was on fabric, it didn't help. The phone had overheated and shut off, I put the phone next to a window to cool. I came back for the phone two hours later, the phone being room temperature now. I try to charge the phone but it wouldn't charge. I kept it on the charger for 4 days, but it never started charging. Thinking it was my charger, I went and go buy a new charger, but it still wouldn't charge. So I started playing with the phone trying to get it to charge, I plugged in the charger, hold down power button for 15 seconds, release, unplugged charger, hold down power button for 15 seconds, release, take out battery, hold down power button for 20 seconds, release, put battery back in, hold down power button for 15 seconds, release, plugged in charge, hold down power button for 15 seconds. Then I keep doing this cycle 3 to 5 times and then it started to charge. Now it seems every time my phone overheats, I have to do this. Maybe other people who's in this situation, and think there phone is broken; it might not actually be broken.