Phone's deteriorating...Support

Last Updated:

1. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Evo since day one but it just seems to be getting worse and worse.

Only after the first week, did the light start leaking through the bottom but since I had the Seidio case on it, I couldn't see it so I didn't care. But yesterday the phone rebooted randomly, today the touchscreen is not working. Or, when it does work it'll actually detect two fingerprint lengths away from where i'm actually pressing down, and then it'll just freeze and I have to take the battery out and put it back in. But that only fixes it for a few hours.

Anyone else have had similar problems? I'm going to end up going to the Sprint store tomorrow to see if there's anything they can do for me but I just wanted to post on here to see if anyone has had similar problems. The weirdest thing is the touchscreen registering far away from where i'm actually pressing down.

Advertisement
  2. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

Do a hard reset and see if that helps, warning it will delete all your information.

3. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am so furious right now... I synced my contacts with googlemail, hard reset the phone and now my contacts are nowhere to be found. I login on my computer to googlemail and the contacts aren't there, I login and sync on my phone and they won't come back.

I just lost hundreds of business contacts, friends, and peoples' numbers... what the F*CK just happened, I don't know... but i'm so irritated that I had to do this on a brand new phone that gave me no trouble for a week, i'm about to just take the phone back and just ask for something else instead of this battery hogging, contact losing p.o.s. I did the exact same thing with contacts and syncing before I updated my father to 2.1 on his Moment... why the hell did it not work on this phone? I can't believe this... what a p.o.s. First the light leakage, then the power cycling, and then a portion of the screen dies... all by itself within a week.

4. SeauxCrazy

SeauxCrazy Well-Known Member

LOL, sorry to laugh, but you should have exported your contacts out and had them as a file on your computer or printed them out as a paper backup before doing anything. Don't call the phone a p.o.s. because you didn't do something as simple as creating a TRUE backup and not just exporting it into another web program.

Battery hog also? Follow the simple steps listed on this site, you'll get better, if not great battery life. I average around 15-18 hrs a day on a full charge