Phone's power on button brokenSupport

Last Updated: 2014-07-24 05:02:26
  1. wonderwoman1

wonderwoman1 New Member

Hi All.

I have a htc sensation xe phone, and was wondering if anyone could help or assist with my problem. Basically my power on button is broken and doesn't respond to me. If it sleeps, I have to power USB it for the screen to light up or if Im not with a usb connector, I have to take the battery out and in again. I am within warranty but I bought my phone from overseas seller, anyway - back home in Australia, repair stores and HTC refuse to repair it -even if i offer money, due to it being from Thailand. I can go to Thailand but I don't want to waste my time for it and that's the last resort.

Was wondering what I should do with this power on button broken? (my phone never got the chance to be rooted unfortunately) and I am in need of assistant from forum users here to help me! Is there a place where I can buy spare HTC sensation parts or should I repair it myself / use a software that alters the use of the power on button.! All help is appreciated thank you.

Advertisement
  2. finalfantasy7

finalfantasy7 Well-Known Member

why do repair shops refuse to repair it???,

have u tried poking the buttin with a needle/pen
  3. wonderwoman1

wonderwoman1 New Member

I don't want to poke any more to make any more damage ;)

Repair store don't have the spare part for it, since its purchased from overseas stock, unless I fly overseas and go to a repair store there. HTC support can be an ass when it comes to warranty.
  4. tongu

tongu New Member

Hi Wonderwoman1,

I had the same issue this morning when my HTC Aria fell into some water. Long story short, my power button stopped working as well. I couldn't fix the power button but what I did instead was use two free apps to replicate the screen on/off function using the volume control.

Firstly, I installed the No Lock App

https://market.android.com/details?...wsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5qcmFmLmFuZHJvaWQubm9sb2NrIl0.

then the Lock Screen Widget (turns off your screen)

https://market.android.com/details?...mNvbS5kcm9pZG1hbmlhLmxvY2tzY3JlZW53aWRnZXQiXQ..

For it to work, the No Lock App needs to be set to Unlocked (orange). You then press the Lock app (Lock Screen Widget) or wait for the screen to blank out. Now try pressing the volume control for your phone or any other button to see if the phone turns back on.

That worked for me, hopefully it works for you too.
    Hirachna likes this.
  5. Kikit

Kikit New Member

------
    Excellent - It works perfectly on garmin-asus!
  6. Iqmalize

Iqmalize New Member

Hey! Worked for my sensation xe! But does it mean that the power button wont work aymore?
  7. rom3omustdi3

rom3omustdi3 New Member

THANK YOU!!!! the app trick worked wonderfully for my wifes phone
  8. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums rom3omustdi3. I'm glad that you found some helpful information from one of our contributing members. I hope you enjoy your time here and that these forums can help you with all of your Android device needs. Thanks for joining our community.
  9. patientxero

patientxero New Member

I'm having a similar problem with my phone (HTC Sensation 4G). The power button stopped working for me but I could still unlock my phone by plugging it in via USB. The problem I'm having is that the battery died and my phone shut down, so I'm wondering if there is a way to turn the phone back on?

I also saw above that I can install some apps that will help me bypass the problem, so I am also wondering if I can set the apps up (set the No Lock to Unlocked etc.) without actually having my phone running. I want to try my other options before resigning to getting my phone fixed or buying a new phone. Any help that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.
  10. stoneage18

stoneage18 New Member

11. heatedbeast

heatedbeast New Member

I had the same problem once. But I found a crazy solution for the broken power button.

You just need to take off the battery from the phone, and connect the phone with the USB (without battery). The beep sound may produce in the computer. Now again place the battery in the phone. Now the broken power button should work.

This worked for me and many more. So this might work for you too.
    Thanx:)