Photaf - Create a 3D panorama

1. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

Well, it not really a garden, but this one is a nice view:

Photaf 3D Panorama - Photaf-21-11-10_12-52-09
  2. skullshank

skullshank Well-Known Member

i DL'd the free version today for a play.
    i'll offer feedback once ive had a chance to check it out. :)
  3. HoochieCoo

HoochieCoo Well-Known Member

I really want this to work... but it doesn't seem to work in Auto mode. I get the beep and wait for it to snap the shot, then move the phone in the direction the arrow is pointing. But it never beeps again.

If I don't use auto, it will stitch the shot (though I never hear a beep. Should I?). There was some ghosting on a couple of frame, but I just did a quick test and my technique may need to improve.
  4. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

Hi, I think you don't hear the beep, because there might be a problem with your phone's compass. Maybe you need to calibrate it.

I had this problem once, what I did was, while in camera taking mode (In Photaf) I moved the phone in an eight figure:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3d00Hr14o

And then try to move the camera to take the panoramic.

This might be a bug in the phone's firmware, and might require that you do it every time :/

Tell me if that works for you.
  5. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

6. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

No :) That's not me...
  7. Arni01

Arni01 Member

But nice view i agree :)
    but the same probs i have till now.. the first and the last pic is not perfect stiched! :( but anyway, i like this app and its really helpful to me in the last view weeks!! as well nice to share views with friends and make them jealous :D
  8. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

Is there any way to set the resolution of the photos higher?
    My panoramas are a bit fuzzy, they look lower res than the
    Photos that I take with the camera app???

Is this a side effect of the stitching process?

It would be great If we could get the panoramas a bit higher res.

great app btw thanks.
  9. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

You can make sure to check the Autofocus in the settings.
    It can help give your more sharper pictures.

I can increase the resolution, but it will make the stitching process much longer, and there might be a memory problem on some devices.
    Since this is Android and I need to support high and low end devices, it's hard to make an app that will work best on all of them :)

I will consider adding a high-res mode in the application settings, that will be disabled by default.

And Thanks for using my App!
  10. gunnroseclose

gunnroseclose New Member

i'm looking forward to see the high-res. with a high res additional function, your app will be perfect :D:D
    Obg1 likes this.
  11. arfanvilla

arfanvilla Well-Known Member

Great app, damn amazing and i have only just used it once. Very very easy to use as a beginner.
    Obg1 likes this.
  12. syrjajo

syrjajo New Member

great app! i also really want that option to take highres pics :) and one thing i thought would be nice is about sharing! now i can share the panorama to facebook and send it via bluetooth but is there a way to share the whole flash of the panorama? i mean so my friends could see it on facebook and look around in my photo like in Photaf site? if i don
  13. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

syrjajo,
    I'm working on adding an optional HD mode for Photaf.
    It will be optional because some devices aren't strong enough to handle Hi-Res images and stitching time will take longer to complete.

unfortunately Facebook doesn't allow embedding flash at their site, but I'm working on a Facebook App that will integrate better with Facebook.

I'm also planing on integrating it better with Facebook, so you can upload panorama using your Facebook account and view and delete only your panoramas.
  14. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

this sounds good, been looking for an app like this for a while.

i will have a go with it and report back in a couple of days :) will purchase if it delivers.

nice to see an active developer in the forums too.

from the samples linked above, i can already suggest export to animated .gif would be an awesome feature if at all possible.
  15. lifeonmtv

lifeonmtv Well-Known Member

walked down to the harbour and had a go

Photaf 3D Panorama - Sydney harbour

it's very promising if you do it carefully it is definitely usable.

the problem is sharing the panoramas with people, wish it would just spit out a media link so you could embed onto forums, emails, websites, etc. this could be a feature for the paid version as the photos would have to be hosted somewhere?

i dunno, but top work! :)
    Obg1 likes this.
  16. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

17. euqiddis

euqiddis Member

Does this work on the HTC Wildfire?
  18. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

Some users had issues with it on the WildFire,
    But there were users who had no problems with it.
    Maybe it depends on the Rom they are using.
    Try it and let me know if there are problem, I don't have this device
    for testing so I'll be happy if users can help me by sending logs.

Email me if you are having any problem.
  19. lilchaney

lilchaney New Member

Can someone help me ? when i open up the app and click ''create'' it asks for the file name but no matter what i enter it says ''file name not valid'' what do i do ? some1 please help tanks
  20. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

I'm trying this now. Waiting for the program to stitch the images... It's taken 10 minutes so far, at 53%, i guess stitching 12 photos is hard? Lmao. Love the auto picture though! Will reply back with results.
  21. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Doesn't work :( Never gets passed 99% on stitching image. Galaxy Apollo i5800.
  22. Mitchturbo

Mitchturbo Well-Known Member

Hi there, I think this App is brilliant. Good Job.
    A few probs though on stitching on one of the photos but I think that is partly my fault and the sound levels are a bit loud but other than that a very good job and i am looking forward to the updates. Hey I might even buy the pro version ;)
  23. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

How much time did you wait?

On low end devices stitching can take some time....
  24. gusmarshall

gusmarshall New Member

I have the same problem! When I click the Create Panorama button, I get the following message:

Error
    Cannot create file, make sure to use a valid file name

The default file name does not even work. A single letter does not work. Does it require an SD card to be installed first? I have Photaf installed on a Verizon HTC Incredible. Android 2.2. I have 4.50 GB of free internal memory. I have not been able to use the app at all, which is sad because it looked pretty cool. :(
  25. Obg1

Obg1 Well-Known Member

Photaf requires an SD card to save the images. Sometimes if you device is connected to your computer via the usb cable, the SD card becomes unavailable.