• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo Backup Options

Lobalobo

Jan 8, 2010
For an upcoming trip, I plan to use my Droid Maxx for photo backup by using a USB OTG adapter to transfer JPEG images from my camera's SD card to a folder on the phone's SD card. In testing the workflow, this has worked well.

The issue I'm having is with my attempt to do a cloud backup of the images from the phone's SD card when the phone is connected to Wifi. It is easy to select the images within the folder on the phone's SD card and select "Share" then to select Picasa or GDrive as the destination of the share and either works.

The problem is that using either of these options, the cloud upload is at full resolution, which is great, of course, so long as I have a fast Wifi connection. But I imagine that I will be in some places with a slow connection where I'll want to upload a lower resolution version just so all is not lost if, say, my bags are stolen. Within a Desktop version of Picasa, choosing the upload resolution is simple as a menu appears by default. But from my Droid, I can't see any options to alter the upload resolution. Any advice or Apps folks know about would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones