• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo folder disappeared, pictures are still there???

topspin

Lurker
Feb 26, 2015
Hi,

All my pictures on my Galaxy S5 are stored internally, not on SD card. To get to these pictures I normally go to Google folder ->Gallery -> Photo folder -> then see them there. I am not sure what I did. Now, the Photo folder has disappeared even though those pictures are still seen when I open Gallery. Now, I have to go to Apps -> Gallery -> then see them there. I want to go back to the original way to access those pictures. How do I bring back the photo folder? Thanks!

Reactions: Fatima Tayab
Sounds like your folder is there and in fact intact. Gallery could not display the pictures of the folder if the folder was erased. When you say Pictures are you referring to the ones you take on your camera? if so the normal folder name for your camera pictures is DCIM on your SDCARD and INTERNAL SDCARD.

Do you have a file manager on your phone?

Upvote 0
Yes, those pictures were the ones I took with the phone camera. I am not sure what the file manager is. I do not see any files or apps with that name. Yes, I found those pictures, but how do I put these pictures back in the folder named "PHOTO" that is now disappeared. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi,

All my pictures on my Galaxy S5 are stored internally, not on SD card. To get to these pictures I normally go to Google folder ->Gallery -> Photo folder -> then see them there. I am not sure what I did. Now, the Photo folder has disappeared even though those pictures are still seen when I open Gallery. Now, I have to go to Apps -> Gallery -> then see them there. I want to go back to the original way to access those pictures. How do I bring back the photo folder? Thanks!
I think creating a folder on the SDcard and storing pics in it will help a lot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones