• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photo gallery issue's

u7cappy

Lurker
Mar 11, 2013
My fathers phone, so I cannot work on it directly until I drive up and visit him this weekend. Completely up to date.

He showed me a problem a couple days ago, when you pinch zoom on certain photo's, the photo changes to another photo, when you zoom back out it changes back to the first photo.

Another problem with the gallery, he deleted a picture 2 days ago, but when you're scrolling through pictures it still shows the deleted picture.

Anyone else having issues with the gallery lately? Some pictures he takes don't even show up in the gallery. I do believe he has pictures saving into the SD card, i'll have him start saving to phone memory.

I am having similar problems with my Kyocera Hydro. Snap a photo and then consult the Gallery, and discover the right NUMBER of photos, but the actual photos shown are photos I deleted months ago. Likewise with a bunch of photos I loaded to my phone from my PC.

On the plus side, the photos are not lost: simply connect the phone to the PC with a USB cable, and the phone shows up as an external disk; in the appropriate directories may be found the snapshots I took and the other files I transferred to the phone. So the problem is not in the memory unit of the phone; it must be in the file-management system of the OS.

It is possible that just this habit i have of attaching the phone to the PC is what has messed things up. (I attached to several Windows machines with different OSs and a couple of Linux machines running Ubuntu.) It is possible that the PC and the phone disagree about how to update the file system when adjusting files; it's just a FAT file structure in the phone, but for example Android may expect that changing files should also change a Thumbnails database or something like that -- something that's not strictlly speaking part of the FAT protocol. Or maybe I just yanked out the USB cable without properly ejecting the medium (i.e. without forcing the delayed disk-writes and so on). It is possible that this is what happened to your phone too.

Not sure what yet to do with it; for me the PC is primary and the phone is a mere adjunct, so as long as the PC can find the pix I want, I'm satisfied. But thats not a real solution, and I hope someone else can propose a fix.

dave

Upvote 0
Hey Dave, welcome to our AndroidForums!

I don't own a Hydro or have a magic answer for you or for u7cappy, but I thought I'd let you know that I had a (sort-of) similar, weird experience with my Droid X a long while back related to taking photos and the gallery.

My experiences mirrored yours in most respects, but I realized they were due to my recently purchasing and using a Class 10 microSD card that wasn't really compatible with my DX. Not saying that a Class 10 card would necessarily be a problem, but perhaps you've got a wonky SD card that might explain your issues? :dontknow:

Anyway, best of luck and again, welcome to AF :).

Upvote 0
Hi,
This exact problem just started happening to me with my kyocera hydro phone. The main issue is that, I have my photos linked via auto backup to my google account, and even if I try to download them directly from auto backup, the correct photos don't always appear. So it's not just an issue with the pictures not appearing correctly on my phone. The new photos that I take do not always seem to save, even in the auto backup. So I effectively lose the photos that I've just taken, completely

I tried changing my SD card recently, but I don't think it was compatible so switched back to my old one. But I did that about 2 or 3 weeks ago, and the problem with old photos replacing my new photos only started happening yesterday.

Please say there is a way to fix this issue, as I have no idea how to

Thank you,
Claire

Upvote 0
Hi. I have a Samsung Sgh s730g running android 4.0.4. I have been having photo gallery problems where my photo gallery lists WAY more photos than are actually there

Like if I have 150 it'll say I have 1000. And because of this only a few photos load and the lag time is unbearable. I have an app that allows me to see all the files and I confirmed that there are only like 150 photos. I ended up deleting the photos because I have backups on my computer and on Google.
I was wondering if maybe the backups on Google are somehow creating a problem. Other than that I have no idea. By the way my phone is not rooted.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones