Photo Gallery

Last Updated:

1. zedstar

zedstar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Does anyone know a really good photo gallery for a non rooted Desire, i've searched but just can't seem to find anything decent ??

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. lob

lob Well-Known Member

Well, the stock one is OK.......?
    But I use the 3D Nexus gallery.
    I think you can now get it for free on the market but take a look on Lekys site if you cant find it. :D

3. htcforme

htcforme Well-Known Member

4. zedstar

zedstar Active Member This Topic's Starter

HI
    I've downloaded the above link and 'Astro file manager' and then i found the file named Gallery3D-1.1-Desire apk clicked Open App Managerbut then i don't get a install
    if i click on details i get could not open the above file
    Can anyone pls help, what am i doing wrong ???
    Thanks

5. delinear

delinear Well-Known Member

Hmm, worked okay for me but it seems there's no widget and it shows all images (even ones associated with various other apps like the battery states from my battery manager) with no apparent way to tell it to ignore certain directories, so I've uninstalled it again now.

Would really like a good gallery with decent directory support and a nice looking widget, but I've yet to find anything that works exactly how I'd like.

6. lob

lob Well-Known Member

Well, as far as I can see, the HTC gallery has a good directory and a good widget soo......

And if you want something more flashy, the nexus gallery is good and it can organize your photos by date which is VERY handy.

The combination of using these two gallery apps by switching between them when I need them for viewing photos in the specific way I want to at the time works almost perfectly for me.

My only niggle is that the scrolling between photos when in full screen mode is rather crappy in the nexus gallery compared to the default one. :( Quite pathetic.