Photo ID's QuestionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When using a photo as an id for the Eris
    does anyone notice that picture doesn't look that clear.

Like it doesn't look like the actual photo in your albums...it's kind of grainy?

I was wondering what I could do to get a clearer photo id for my callers because i've noticed this on my droid as well

Advertisement
  2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

See, Freud is popping into my head again, thanks to OTD.

Mine are grainy too. I haven't found a fix for it. Also, some are not centered very well.

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The picture I use for my wife is reasonably clear when she calls. The one I'm using for her was taken with a crappy old 'dumb' phone with something like a 2mp camera. As an experiment try taking a picture with you phone's camera on a much lower resolution and assign that picture to a contact.
    The phone would have to 'doctor' a high resolution picture to make it fit on that relatively small space. It makes sense (at least it does in my pea brain) that a photo that requires less messing-with would actually end up looking better in the end - even though it started out as a lower resolution picture.

4. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I remember someone once posting that if you use a 200x200 pixel photo it would turn out clear. I havent tried it, but worth a shot.