Photo/Image ViewerSupport

Last Updated:

1. TexasGeezer

TexasGeezer New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm looking for an app that will allow me to view photos stored on my computer.

I can access the computers on my home network from my Incredible using Astro or ES File Explorer "LAN" and open various file formats such as .pdf, .doc, .xls fine on my Droid; however, I am unable to open and view any type of image files (.jpg, .bmp, .gif, etc.) unless they are stored on my SD card or in the Droid memory itself.

When I try to open a image file stored outside the Droid, nothing appears on the Droid screen. I have installed several "image viewer" apps, such as Astro and 3D Gallery, none of which seem to be able to open remotely stored files. When I "click" on an image file, I see "Loading Image", but all that appears is a black screen with left and right arrow scroll buttons -- no pictures.

Any advice, other than to copy and paste image files to my SD card, which then allows me to open and view them?

TIA,
    Chuck

PS. I did get the 2.2 update.

Advertisement
  2. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

I use Picasa on my computer. My family has 1000s of photos (about 10GBs). I use the web sync function which works great.

From my Incredible I use the 3D Gallery app which is now in the market (after 2.2). You then can go into your sync option and select your phone to sync with Picasa. Now all your photos stay synced between your phone and computer and you can view all pictures from both. You can also upload pics from your phone to your computer this way.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for but it works great for me and my family (my wife also has an Incredible).