Photo. Indoors, Low Light, No Flash

Last Updated:

1. Sypher

Sypher Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Went to my local aquarium today with my wife and son, so thought it would be the perfect test to see how the camera preforms under low light conditions.

And here are the results.

[​IMG]

I'm pretty impressed. This is using the default camera with everything in auto except the flash, which was turned off.

The exif is saying ISO100 which is quite surprising considering it was indoors. If I was taking it manually I would have used something between 400 and 800 to get a faster shutter time. The colours don't look as strong as they could but I know that this isn't a problem with the phone, just the result of being taken through glass.

Advertisement
  2. Casual Pete

Casual Pete Well-Known Member

That's quite impressive,I haven't had a chance to test out the camera much yet,but that looks pretty good.

3. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

you can also lower the contrast in low light areas, and it makes the picture less dark.

4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

You can fix the slightly washed out colours by changing the saturation in the settings of the camera. Best thing is that it remembers your settings permanently until you change them, even after restarting the phone. I have mine set with the saturation increased all the time (and the sharpness for that matter).