Photo / Picture OptimiserSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know of any decent apps put there that can optimise photos / pictures.

Specifically i am looking for something that can compress a photo / picture to a small enough size that it can be emailed / MMS'd.

Thanks guys,

Lee

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Think the phone takes care of it by itself. Just emailed a pic taken by our 12mp SLR but copy on my sd card to hubby and that was fine. Also MMS'd another to an old non-smart phone Nokia and that went through fine too. My old Sony C902 used to give a warning about recipient may not be able to receive and then do you want to resize, but no message given on X10.

Astro file manager also has a Picture Viewer but dont know what you can do with it cos I've not needed to resize anything as yet.

3. Dbnguy

Yea Ive managed to email no problem, however the file size was 774kb. For one this will cost alot more to send than a 36k file :) , and 2, when I need to email pics to my work email, it will get capped by our firewall due to size, and only deliver after hours :-(

It doesnt have to be anything fancy, even if all it does is compress file sizes Ill be happy :)

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

OK try PicSay... its a freebie and you can do some stupid stuff with it too like speech bubbles and titles but one of the basic things it does is resize Normal 320x441, High 464x640 or Maximum 755x1042.

5. Dbnguy

PERFECT! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Rosered :p