• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photo / SD card issue

gazlyon

Oct 26, 2010
UK
I seem to have a problem with photo's on my DHD.

I can take a few snaps, and browse the image gallery no problem. But when I reboot the phone, the image thumbnails are not visible, the images all become corrupt and I am unable to open any of them either on the phone, or on the computer via the USB lead. Even after copying them to my computer i am unable to open the files, and receive an error message saying that the file is corrupt.

If I delete all of the images files, take some more pictures, I am able to view the pictures i have taken. It is only after a reboot the files become corrupt.

I am using a 32gb Sandisk card, so I guess this could be the problem but the only files I am having issues with are the pictures. I have got lots of music files on the card and these still open fine after a device reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or indeed found a solution!

Bump

I had to take a couple of pictures from another phone, as the screengrabber app also results in the same problem with corrupt files.

Notice the Camera Shots icon is blank -

IMAGE_004.jpg

And here is what the camera shots gallery looks like -

IMAGE_003.jpg

Anyone got any ideas please? :(

Upvote 0
I have a problem with not being able to open a file too. It's not the same as yours, but when I copied a file (1,1Gb) to my SD card, and wanted to watch it then, it won't open in my phone. There is that grey icon and I can't get it to play. The format is .mp4 .. other mp4 files work (smaller ones).. which leads me to a question, is there a size limit to a file that you can put on your SD card in order to be able to play it?

Upvote 0
I have resolved my issue. It appears that my MicroSDHC card was to fault. I had already tried formatting the card a couple of times, but that did not resolve the problem. I am now using a different card and have not had any issues.

Hi!

Thanks for your post. I have had the same problem with my phone. I have tried using various sd cards (16gb bought, 2gb unused from old phone, 8gb that came with DesireHD) but no joy. I returned the phone to carrier but 2 weeks later I still have not had the phone returned - I only had the phone for 16 days.

Can you confirm that the new card worked. I may leave my carrier but would like to get the phone somewhere else.

Time has passed but I would love to hear your (or others') reply.

Thanks in advance!!:)

Upvote 0
Yes, the problem was with a faulty (possibly dodgy) ebay SD card. I sent the card back and I am now using an 8gb card and I have not had a problem with it since I starting using it.
Many many thanks for your reply. I got my phone back from the carrier and it still has the same photo problem. I too bought my 16gb sd card from ebay - as I have for previous phones with no problem. You've helped me see it it may very well be the card and not the phone. Will try a new card before reading the riot act to T-Mobile.
Truly appreciate your reply.
Happy DesireHD-ing!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones