photo storageGeneral

Last Updated:

1. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Well-Known Member

Why is it always so damm difficult to find the folders that various cameras store the pictures in whentrying to find them on the pc or in an explorer - mosaicture being the one in question for me at the min?

and when will sammy give thumbnail option for windows?

2. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

u should just setup dropbox it would be much easier it automatically uploads ure newest pics/ videos to a folder on ure pc. The pic's on the mmc/internal memory are normally under DCIM folder.
  3. thequeenscheese

dont really like 3rd party apps for transfering pics etc, i tried all obvious places like that at the min im having to share them with vingette and access them from that folder , ive opened every folder and looked in them all via pc and phone there just not there except via gallery its bizzare how i cannot find them, altho via pc thumbnails view would help..
  4. silentwitness

silentwitness Well-Known Member

they should be under DCIM folder of ure mmc or phone memory. Otherwise to make sure which folder they are in you can select any one photo the click menu and view details then scroll down to the bottom it will give u path for example /storage/exsdcard/dcim/camea/abc.jpg
  5. GTWalling

GTWalling Well-Known Member

Your main question was answered by silentwitness. As for the Thumbnails that was change by Google with ICS not Samsung.
  6. thequeenscheese

I agree they should be there but there not which was the point of the question ive looked everywhere and cannot see them unlesz they apear within the main camera pics as ive not trawled though all of those as I doubt thell be there..