• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo taking and data storage app

MrIke

Lurker
Apr 30, 2014
Hello,

Can anyone advise if there is an database app available that allows me to in any order:

1. Create a record for a person
2. Add basic information such as name, email address and phone number
3. Take a picture which is assigned to the record.
4. Search the database by name or number to bring up the record and picture.

I have had a look around the web - frustratingly I don't have my Android Device on hand until the end of the week - and have seen Memento Database, which looks like it would do this, but I don't know if it would allow us to take a picture during creation of the record, (which is essential) or if I have to select an image file.

Thanks in advance.

I currently have an HTC DNA phone and am able to do exactly this using any of my contacts apps including the default "People" app. How I do it is:

1) Create a new contact.
2) Input any contact info
3) Click on the camera icon within the app. Once I do this, I get two options - Gallery & Camera. If I select camera, the camera app opens and I'm able to take a picture of the person immediately and it's saved back to their contact record.
4) Select to save the contact as a Phone contact or Google contact.
5) Save the contact record.

I'm not sure if this is how it would work for all android phones, however, I believe that this works for most HTC phones. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones