"Photo Upload Disabled"Support

1. mhennessy

mhennessy Member

Hi All - suddenly my HTC Hero no longer allows me to upload photos to Facebook. This function stopped working about one month after I got the software update - (2.1)

Also, the alarm stopped working and now I sometimes get duplicate texts.

Any ideas? I don't think it's a setting on FB and I looked everywhere for help.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I would try removing and re-entering your facebook account.

Do you use a task killer?

And you say you only recieve double notifications sometimes? I've heard of people getting them all the time, but never some times. Do you have any extra SMS apps installed like handcent?

EDIT: You were right, this is the right section for your post. I've deleted your duplicate post for you :)
  3. mhennessy

mhennessy Member

I do use an app killer - but I always have and I used to be able to upload photos...even right after the upgrade. And yes, I have installed handcent but before, I was able to select it as my default and I now I can't seem to do that.

Facebook in general just seems jacked. It says on the bottom "Incredibe" even though it's a Hero and it's really difficult to post. Sometimes I can and other times I can't. Any advise would be appreciated! Do you have thoughts about why the alarm doesn't work? The notifications tab indicates that it is set and on but it never goes off.
  4. mhennessy

mhennessy Member

When I go under "Applications" there isn't a button for removing Facebook. It seems I can only delete programs that I have installed from the app store. How do I do this? Thanks.
  5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Actually I asked about the task killer in relation to the alarms not working any more. Did you add the Clock to your exclusion list?

Make sure you go into the default SMS app, 'Mesaging' and turn off notifications. That should stop you getting double notifications. You only have to tell it to default to handcent once, so unless it's giving you problems that's ok.

My Facebook is screwed up at the moment too, it wont download my news feed. Unfortunately you can't uninstall/reinstall it without root access. You could always check for a new version from the market though.