• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Photocopier" app

Hey there,

I had an idea today for an app that would make my life much easier over the next few months. I'll need to be at a library, finding journal articles relevant to my masters project.

Now, normally, when I find something I need, I would have to get photocopies of each page of the article (because you can't take periodicals out of a library). But, I wondered if I could just take photos of each page with my phone, but then I'm left with a huge mess of photos (since these articles are 20-100+ pages long).

NOW, I had an idea for an app that could help with this. You open it up, give a name to a new project file, and began taking photos. The program would then tack these images together into a PDF, page by page. When you're done taking pictures, you just click "done," and the program generates the PDF file, with the project name.

This would save me from using a lot of quarters on the dang photocopier!

It shouldn't be too complex a program. The hardest part may be figuring out a way to get it to integrate with a PDF generating utility of some sort.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones