• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Photon 4G Not Booting

khantroll

Lurker
Jun 3, 2012
Hello, I just purchased the Photon 4G (as an upgrade from my Hero) and I set out to unlock/root/flash it. I unlocked it. I got root. I installed CWM, but the problems started after I installed the MUYU.us rom. The phone rebooted as it should, but it just stayed at the Red M screen forever (so long that the battery got low). I plugged it in, but after several more hours went by I pulled the battery. I rebooted it, and got the same behavior. I redoing the process, which seemed to have the same affect, but I left on the charger overnight in the hopes that it just took a really long time.

This morning, the phone was dark. I tried turning it on, but nothing. If I plug it into the wall, I may or may not get the white light at the top, but it will boot to the red M. If I plug it into a computer, all I get is the green LED at the top.

If the phone is not plugged into anything, nothing happens. The power button doesn't seem to work to turn it on or off.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones