Photos from samsung galaxy s to micro SD cardSupport

1. kbear1

kbear1 New Member

Hello :)
    I am new to this site but signed up in the hope that someone can help me as I am becoming increasing frustrated with my Samsung S.
    I have a micro SD card in my phone, and would like to transfer all my photos and videos to it to be able to then put them on my Mac book pro. (It does not work via bluetooth or usb cable for some reason) I have tried plugging the USB into my computer at work as well and this does not connect!!
    Can anyone help me?? :confused:
    Thanks, Kbear1

Advertisement
    :
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Samsung phones are notoriously fussy about USB cables. If you aren't using the one that ships with the phone, I'd try a different one to connect. Alternately you can use an app Like ES File Explorer to copy the files from your SD card partition to the external SD card.
    kbear1 likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

...Or Astro file manger which I find to work very well. :)

Either choice you should be able to move the pics to wherever you choose.

Btw.. Welcome aboard. :)
  4. kbear1

kbear1 New Member

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to get an ES File Explorer but I cannot see an "Android Market" app to download it from.. I'm sorry! I'm not very good with this phone at all..

Kbear1
  5. lunatic59

If you have a newer phone it's most likely called Play Store (Yeah, it's a stupid name, but what can you do?)
    kbear1 likes this.
  6. kbear1

kbear1 New Member

Ah ha!! Found it and I have downloaded the Astro..

How do I now copy all the photos/videos onto the external SD that is in my phone??

Thanks again... :eek:
  7. lunatic59

You find your files ... most likely in /sdcard/DCIM and you either use a select all menu option or you long press on the file and choose copy. Then you navigate to your external card, something like /sdcard/sd_external or /sdcard/external_sd and once there find the paste option. Your files will be copied.
    kbear1 likes this.