• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photos gone!!!! WTH

The update to ICS should have not touched files that were on your SD Card.

Have you tried to put the SD card into a computer and see if the pictures show up there? Or tried plugging your phone into your computer and see if you can see them there?

Is it just the Gallery that isn't seeing the pictures?

Upvote 0
Yeah I hooked my phone up this morning and nothing. I know that it shouldn't have but they were all gone when it came back up. I have not added any programs to my phone so that is the only "change".
My comp does not have an SD port so I have to get a friends comp to check it on.
Check that out and verify the SD card is in fact empty.

Seems very strange to me that all the photos would disappear like that. AFAIK the ICS update should ONLY touch internal memory and nothing on your SD card.

Maybe someone can chime in with something similar happening to them and hopefully they found a solution.

In the meantime, can you try downloading QuickPic or a File Explorer from the market and see if either of those applications see your pictures on /sdcard folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones