• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Photos have streaks

That sounds like something on the lens (did you remove the plastic cover on the lens?) or a defect in the camera itself. If you removed the plastic, bring the phone in. A defective camera is covered under the warranty. (Make sure everything is backed up - they'll most likely just replace the phone and send it back for repair, to use as a warranty replacement for someone else. [Don't worry about your data - their first step is a factory reset, which wipes off all your data.]) Ask at your local store whether they're a Device Support Center - that's most likely where you'll have to go. (If you just tell them what's wrong, they'll waste your time confirming it, then send you to the DSC, where they'll spend time confirming the complaint too.)

Upvote 0
I did remove the plastic cover. It only started happening about 5 days ago. I did a factory reset myself and the problem is still there so it makes me think that it is something internal. I called AT&T and they said that it sounds like its a problem with the sensor inside the camera but they also told me that I needed to call the helpline. Maybe I'll just try taking it into the store and seeing if they can do anything before I spend hours on the phone. Thanks for your advice!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones