Photos in our Desire

Last Updated:

1. chapita

chapita Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 25, 2010
    I've just discovered something that perhaps you already are aware of.

Anyway, here the whole story:

I used to have an iPhone 3G which have a is pretty good app to see pictures copied from any other device and I was frustrated that my Desire was crap doing the same. I've tried a couple of apps and was the same story: pictures app hang up and can't see them as "smooth" you can see in the iPhone.

Finally I've found the reason. It wasn't about the phone, the app or the SD card, was about the files itself. When we add photos from our computer to the iPhone, iTunes resize the files to adapt them to the phone capacities. Instead, HTC Sync just do the basics or we just drag and drop the files from the computer to the phone, with the same resolution.

So, first I download a pretty useful program which allow us to make a batch resize: VSO Image resized from here

First I've set to resize to 800x600, but is not enough because the phone can support bigger files. I found that the best resolution is 1600x1200.

Then I've create a folder to store all the resized pictures that I want to transfer to my phone.

Last, using the HTC Synchro tool, I transfer them to the phone. That's all.

I hope that someone can find this useful.

garryknight likes this.