• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photoshop FTW!

IOWA

Mr. Logic Pants
Dec 2, 2009
Chicago
Lets start out with my lineage of avatars! ( Some of them are VERY similiar, catered to the specific use)

AH my first avatar, ever. I was 12 years old when I designed this one.... Back in 1998.
avitar.jpg

Second one:

newavitar.jpg

Ok here's where they start getting more personalized....

And now my most recent, which I made today, I'll probably still tweak it a bit.

Now this is for various games i've played over the years:
eog-1.jpg

t4hbanner.jpg

Now here's a couple of things I've done for work... We have really advanced stuff at work... It's for vehicle wraps.

Here's a digital rendering:

cfishmegacabproofweb.jpg

Now here is the REAL THING:

hmetalrearedit.jpg

hmetalsemaedit.jpg

hmetalside.jpg

hmetalangle.jpg

rednomad1.jpg

Other stuff:

tribalflamejohn.jpg

street.jpg

db_trainbig1.jpg

berttribalfnl.png

NVTech_food0334.jpg

pinktaco.jpg

You ever enter Photoshop competitions on Worth1000 Home You should look at it, it's a great way to really hone your talents, and there's plenty of variety for the contests. Good fun!

i dont think im that good.... people on there are nuts. the only reason i get paid for it is i have other talents to tie into it, and i can run an office pretty easily. im good with the customers etc. some of these 'artists' are exceptional good, but they have this mentality that all they need to do is draw, and a major chip on thier shoulder when asked to do anything else. and before peopl get all riled up, this always isnt the case, but it seems most of my peers feel this way. they study one thing and thats all they should have to do. .

Upvote 0
i dont think im that good.... people on there are nuts.

Yeah, they are, but that's how you learn, you go head-to-head against them, and people will critique your work so you know where to improve. And the majority of the people on there are nice about it, so you don't need to worry about being torn to shreds, unless your entry is completely awful! And looking at your stuff, you would do fine. I never got a top 3 with a PS entry, but I did steadily improve the more I entered, and it was good fun, you really should try it out. Best finish was 11/36 ( Ice Plant: http://rookery2.worth1000.com/storagev12/794500/794766_c45e_1024x2000.jpg ), and I've gotten several Stars. I'm on there as SubieDriver, so if you join, I'm sure there's some way to look at my portfolio. Did much better in the photography contests, best was a 3rd, and that was with a 5MP point-and-shoot Canon digital camera, probably pissed off a few people who finished lower with more expensive cameras!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones