Photoshoped EVO 4G with a Keyboard.

Last Updated:

1. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator This Topic's Starter

I'm curious, would anyone that is very good at photoshop care to take a stab at manipulating this HTC Supersonic rendering and add a keyboard to it.
    I would love to see what it would look like if the Supersonic (or its future replacement) would look like having one.

[​IMG]

TS out

Advertisement
  2. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Voyager 4G World Phone

This is my interpretation of what the Voyager 4g World Phone with full slide out keyboard might look like.

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

If it did have a keyboard, hopefully it won't feel as loose as our Moment's does.

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The Droid seems to have a solid keyboard...too bad I find it unusable (personal opinion)

I'll miss having a physical keyboard (my past two phones have had one) but it's not a big factor for me...I have experience browsing and chatting on my iPod Touch and I adapted pretty quickly to it although I was hoping the SS would have a trackball/trackpad for edits :(

5. acp

acp Well-Known Member

keyboards are overrated

Stolirocks likes this.
  6. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I think that statement is relative. :rolleyes:

7. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator This Topic's Starter

That's not bad at all. Just needs a front facing camera. :D

(off topic: I've been calling this wishful thinking world phone the Voyager, but wouldn't it be funny that it actually ends up being the name of the future world phone by HTC)

TS out

8. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Anyone mind doing one with the moment keyboard as well? The one in the above picture is nice but its not as good as the Moments for playing video games. The diamond shaped arrows on it makes it very useful for playing games like sonic, mario, tmnt, etc.

9. jeffdlb

jeffdlb Well-Known Member

I hope it will be possible not to have the dorky digital clock with flip-over numerals from the 1970s displayed on the home screen of this 21st century phone!

10. Autosuggestion

Autosuggestion Well-Known Member

It's just a widget.

11. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I would never buy a slider phone unless it had cursor keys on it or a trackpad somewhere. Otherwise it's all crap. All these touch based OS's suck at navigation within text boxes, editing and such without a secondary way to navigate. The phone is huge enough you could easily have a nicely spaced keyboard with nice 4-way cursor keys or a d-pad or a trackpad. One reason why I like the Moment, especially over the Droid.

12. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

If you noticed in the demo videos...the onscreen keyboard has a d-pad for navigating through text.

13. dbpaddler

appreciate that, but the discussion is about a slider phone with a physical keyboard. If we're going that route it's because we hate on screen keyboards and don't consider that a solution. Just sayin'.

14. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

I think it would be nice to have a choice! My Hero is the first phone I have owned without a physical keyboard and although I am getting used to it, I still "prefer" a physical keyboard.

That being said, I do like how slim the Hero is. :)

15. MindTrainer

MindTrainer Active Member

Does any one know what needs to happen for a blue tooth keyboard or mouse to work on the EVO?

16. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

This phone would be more pimp with a physical keyboard.

marctronixx likes this.
  17. acp

acp Well-Known Member

agree

18. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

If it had a keyboard I wouldn't even consider it. Keyboards became outdated in 2007, do you also want to go back to VHS instead of DVD?

Stolirocks likes this.
  19. dbpaddler

Just needed to correct your post. Tired of people expressing their own opinion as if it's a widely accepted fact.

marctronixx, IOWA and Slacker4Life like this.
  20. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Personally, I much prefer a physical keyboard to an onscreen. I have had my Hero since mid January and still can't type anywhere near as fast or accurate as I could on my Touch Pro. And I never ran into accuracy problems with the p.k., what you hit is what you type, unlike my Hero where it is difficult to hit the "p" without the "o" typing (and yes, I have calibrated, over and over and over again).

21. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem with my Hero. To be accurate, I have to type with one finger and I have to do it carefully. I'm hoping that will change with the EVO, since it has a larger screen. I also plan to learn the voice-to-text feature the EVO will have, so I don't have to type as much.

22. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

A physical keyboard on a phone this size would be awesome! A friend has the Touch Pro 2 and that keyboard is the best one I have tried.

23. ImGreen

ImGreen Well-Known Member

I would love to get the first EVO and then upgrade to a newer version later with a keyboard... although from all the reviews I've read the EVO touch screen will be more sensitive and the keyboard experience will be the best yet.

24. tp2386

tp2386 Well-Known Member

The EVO is big enough already. Its pocketable now because its thin. Adding a keyboard would just make it look really bulky.

25. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

my biggest worry about Hero was the lack of a physical keyboard. On the Treo I could type extremely quickly and got to the point where I could touch type (aka type without looking at the keys). I adjusted quickly to the Hero and with the addition of Swype I can still enter text fast but it would be impossible to ever type as fast as whats possible with a physical keyboard. That said, isn't it great that android has so many possibilities and if you want one with a physical keyboard, you could have one? I would play with the idea of getting an EVO with a physical keyboard but it would really depend on the additional size/weight involved.