PhotoVault On HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. JAshworth03

JAshworth03 Member This Topic's Starter

I've done research looking for apps to hide certain photos :eek: and the ones that i constantly come up with are photovault and photosafe. When I go into the android market I'm not able to locate either of these for my hero. Any help or any other way to hide photos?

Advertisement
  2. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

Email them to me and Ill hide them for you!

3. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

knew i read something earch HideNseek on the market, not mega secure but a start

4. JAshworth03

JAshworth03 Member This Topic's Starter

I searched for both of those but I can't find any of them! Its making me very angry. I'm in the US using a european hero. Is there any reason that some apps aren't available in the market for me that are obviously available for other users? Is it because we are still on V 1.5? So frustrating.

5. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Could well be an OS version thing. I am in the UK using a 1.5 T-Mobile G2 (Hero) and searching for those apps produced no results here.

6. DexKen

DexKen Active Member

Did a search on http://www.androlib.com

Both apps are there:

Photo Safe:
    Photo Safe v2.2.0 Application for Android | Multimedia (Free Version)
    Photo Safe License v1.1.0 Application for Android | Multimedia (Paid Version)

Photo Vault:
    PhotoVaultLT v1.2.0 Application for Android | Tools (Lite Version)
    PhotoVault v1.8.0 Application for Android | Tools (Full Version)

Both also show up in the Market for me on a Euro Hero on 3 UK. You might want to try using the QRCodes at the links above to search for them.

UPDATE Sorry only the paid version of Photovault shows up in the Market, but both versions of Photo Safe do.

7. brykins

Nope - tried the bar code for the free version of Photo Safe and it's not on MY market. Could be your Hero is 1.6 whereas mine is 1.5.

8. DexKen

DexKen Active Member

Nope, 1.5 with 2.73.xxx.xxx, all stock no rooting or anything.

9. brykins

Very weird. Only difference then is you're on Three, I'm on T-Mobile. Hope it's not another sympton of Android fragmentation.

10. brykins

Defo something weird going on.

I search for "Photo", "Photosafe", "Photo Safe", "Safe", "Vault", "Photo Vault" and "PhotoVault" and get NO results in either free or paid form.

11. DexKen

DexKen Active Member

I can understand your frustration, the Android market is a mess if you ask me. It needs to be a 1 for all approach instead of the current system where apps can be blocked by carrier or region.

I was an early adopter of the hero on 3 and for the first weeks loads of apps where missing, thankfully 3 pulled their finger out and since then there has been no problems.

Might be worth ringing t-mobile to complain but as I said ideally Google need to consolidate the market better.

You might also want to try slideme for the paid versions, they allow download to pc I believe and you can transfer and install from there.

12. vjprakashbe

vjprakashbe Well-Known Member

There are lot of free/paid apps in slideme (mostly what we miss in our region/country by android market); and also we can directly download them into the phone and install using any file manager (I used Astro).

13. peterb23

peterb23 Well-Known Member

I'm on t-mobile (uk) running 1.5 and can see Photo Safe (free and paid) in the market no problem.

14. krider2010

krider2010 New Member

Another (new) T-Mobile (UK) user who struggles with this. I can't find photo safe or photo vault with a variety of search terms. Stock 1.5/2.73.110... etc. official T-Mobile build.

What really gets me is not being able to see commerical apps such as MyBackup Pro or Twidroid Pro when I can see the free versions - so that surely can't be down to me being on 1.5 and the apps needing 1.6+? Can also see other commercial (paid for apps) depending on what I search for.

15. petefoth

petefoth Well-Known Member

I'm a relatively new user (4 weeks): SIM-free Hero (not G2) on T-mobile in the UK. I've upgraded to the 2.73 Rom from the HTC site and I can see PhotoVault, PhotoSafe, MyBackupPro.

Hope thsi helps

Pete