physical keyboard entry

Last Updated:

1. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been used to the samsung moment keyboard but this isn't to bad and once I'm used to it I will love it .... but I'm having an issue where not all pushes on keys are being recognized .. this is causing me to go back and fix some words. any1 else experiencing this ? I type 100 mph but even when slowed down this has happened .. thought it was me at first but its happening a lot. I didn't see a setting relating and b4 I go look for a replacement figured id see if its a real issue .. happened 4 times while typing all this . . .

Advertisement
  2. djneph

djneph Member

Not sure if this is the same issue as you, but...

When I was at Best Buy and they were setting up my phone, the salesman had me set up a gmail account to access the app market. I tried typing my name and a couple of the keys would not work at all. I would puss "A" and it would type "1a)" and if I tried backspace it would type "0". A couple other keys were off too. They tried a hard reset, but it didnt fix it, so they just opened a new box and gave me another one which works perfect now.

3. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

^^

maybe the Fn key was active?

4. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

There has been some keys relocated, you might just have an issue getting used to the new layout and feel.

Try it out for some more time, and if the keys really don't work, and exchange would be highly suggested.

5. iBleedBlackNgold

can't hurt to play with it to make 100% sure it isn't me .. but I'm about 99% sure it isn't. also was just entering text in an sms and the w key which I tapped once decide to look like wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww and nothing but pulling the battery could stop the w's .. ehh

6. megabiteg

megabiteg Well-Known Member

If its one thing I have learned over the years of electronics is one golden rule: If you purchase something and your really like the device but your not 100% happy with the one you got because your suspecting factory defect, GO and Exchange it fast! don't even dwell on it!

You paid good money for it, and your entitled to a "100% operational" phone (even though we all know by know that nothing is 100% good)

7. iBleedBlackNgold

yea excellent point .. I will make it down to b.b today . nothings perfect & I expected a few little things but this is major