• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Physical Keyboard improvement

Very Tempted to do this. Coming from a Voyager, this keyboard can suck my junk. Adding some "feel" to the keys are worth it! Function over Formality!

I never slide the keyboard out. I have had zero issues with the on screen. I wish it didn't even have that keyboard, it doesn't need it. All it did was add weight to the phone and a strange scroll pad.

On screen in landscape works just as well as the iphone. I've had not a single issue.

Upvote 0
I use both the onscreen keyboard (for quick messages) and the physical (for anything longer) and I have to say that - while I like the physical keyboard - there is definitely room for improvement.

I give you credit for your ingenuity. I may actually give this a shot myself, it's not something I would have ever thought of doing on my own.

Upvote 0
Some smart company will (or should) soon make a "domed" keyboard decal kit for the Droid. Since the currents labels are stickers anyway you would remove them, clean the old adhesive off, peel off the backing of the prearranged domed decal kit, align the kit over the keys, press them on and then peel off the top protective film (much like a screen protector is done) that held all the individual domed key decals in perfect alignment.

Think of the possibilities, different colored domed decal kits, etc. Anyone want to start a new company??? J/K

The op & you should totally start a biz :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones