Physical Keyboarded Android Device In UK

Last Updated:

1. veletron

veletron Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I've got an aging winmo Xperia X1 which I need to replace. Its a poor phone, but at least it was well built, felt solid and was not made entirely from cheap plastic. I'd like to replace it with something that at least offers the same features:

- Good build quality (I hate plastiky phones)
    - Physical keyboard (a must have)
    - Min 480x800 screen
    - Min 3.5"

The Samsung Epic would be ideal (apart from the cheap plastic), but I am in the UK and the idiots @ Samsung have no intention of marketing it anywhere in Europe. Samsung are also the worlds-worst at offering updates for phones. Contracts in the UK are for 24 months, i'll be wanting OS updates for the entire time I own the phone.

Any other devices upcomming?

I have been in the local phone shop oggling the Iphone4. Its a nice looking and nice feeling bit of kit (apart from its appleness). It fits the bill re build quality, but Jobs is never likely to stick a qwerty keyboard on his phones! They had the Galaxy S in there as well, but it feels like a kiddies toy in comparison with the cheap plastic case. Least with the iphone I could be confident of updates, and it would be ebayable for reasonable money if the epic ever did come to the UK. Nothing in there with a ruddy keyboard...

So, what do I buy?

Nigel

Advertisement
  2. RedMist

RedMist Well-Known Member

I still rate the original Milestone, available from carphone warehouse.

A solid bit of kit!

And froyo coming very soon.

3. veletron

veletron Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

Doesn't the milestone run at half the speed of the current crop of Android phones? I'm an impatient git! Never handled one, but motorola stuff is usually well built.

Nigel

4. RedMist

RedMist Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's faster than most phone out there. Plus it will run Froyo very soon.

5. GeorgeinLA

GeorgeinLA Well-Known Member

When are they getting the Droid 2/Milestone 2 over there? I have a Droid 2, and it has a great physical keyboard, a solid build (it's actually a bit heavy), and I think the screen easily fits your criteria.