1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

pic text messages not going through

1. mrkjamesbb

mrkjamesbb Member

I used to be able to send pics in text messages, but the last few I sent come up as sent but with a speech bubble and clock symbol on it. And these pic messages with this symbol aren't being received by the person I'm sending them to.

I can't figure out what its all about. Any help?

Advertisement
  2. daddio

daddio Member

I'm not sure about this, but it's worth a shot. Did you follow the advice of the "experts" and put Advanced Task Killer (ATK) on your phone to try and increase battery life? If you did, and you killed a task before it had a chance to complete it's job, you might have kept those files from going through. I had the same problem as did my son in law. I also couldn't get my alarm to work, especially one day when it was absolutely necessary. So I deleted ATK and voila, alarm works and messages go through. I had seen this article posted somewhere and decided it might be a good idea to take their advice. Here's the URL.

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android Geek For Me – Android CDMA Sprint Hero

By the way, I'm not speaking badly of the "experts" and I'm glad they are out there and taking the time to share their knowledge. I appreciate all of them.
  3. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member

If you are using the Eris default SMS program:
    Check your Max Message size.

Open Messages app
    Menu
    Settings
    Maximum Message Size

I set mine to 1.2 Mb, just in case!

Let me know if that helps.
  4. mrkjamesbb

mrkjamesbb Member

Actually changing it to 1.2 is what started that symbol coming up. When I changed back to 500k the symbol disappeared and the pic messages went through.

However, today they go through but when the recipient hits download the photos dont download. Also we never had to hit download before just click on the thumbnail. WTF
  5. shotgunxbaby3

shotgunxbaby3 Member

I seem to be having the same problem, but I'm using chomp SMS. My pic messages on the 300k setting would act like they sent, but would not be received by the other person, so I set it to 1M limit and now the it just acts like it's gonna send but is not actually sending. chomp SMS also gives an option of "No Limit" for MMS and it's still pending send status.
  6. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

Doesn't chomp sense the pic is oversized and resize it?
  7. shotgunxbaby3

shotgunxbaby3 Member

Yeah it does, but when it lets it go through it never actually makes it to the recipient.
  8. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Bear in mind that there are significant interoperability problems between different carriers in how they handle MMS... and even different behaviors depending on the recipient users' handsets.

I can send the same MMS message to different users on AT&T (one with an iPhone, and one with a MMS-capable Nokia), and get different results from each; naturally, the problems are greatest with the largest number of attachments ("slideshow" format).

If you think there is a problem with your phone - the first thing to do is to send an MMS message to yourself. If it comes back to you and everything behaves correctly - then the problems are on the recipient's side of things.

Note also that MMS is only delivered via the Mobile Network - they can not be sent through a WiFi connection.

HTH

eu1
  9. shotgunxbaby3

shotgunxbaby3 Member

I just attempted to send myself a MMS message under the 300k and 1M settings and both are just showing the pending send...not actually sending.
  10. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

Is this a Chomp SMS problem or a phone problem? I'm not sure, since I don't use Chomp.

Does Chomp use it's own MMSC server, or Verizon's (http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms)?

What happens if you use the native (HTC) text messaging app?

eu1
  11. shotgunxbaby3

shotgunxbaby3 Member

I havent tried the native, chomp will use the carrier or it's own server based on the options you select. I use the verizon network cause chomp i think you have to pay to use their server.