1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Picasa app

Last Updated:

1. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't get how a phone that says google on the back, doesn't have access to Picasa. I understand some phones have this but I need something that will work on my eris. The mobile site works great but for some unknown reason you can't access all your albums. Mainly I'm looking for access but some kind of automatic syncing for pictures in my phone would be great.

Advertisement
  2. knudsen81

knudsen81 Well-Known Member

If eris has 2.1 you can install gallery3d from nexus one then you have access to picasa sync :D gallery3d can you get from xda

3. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do you need root for this, and does it work properly with all the other HTC apps on my phone like the camera, ect?

4. knudsen81

knudsen81 Well-Known Member

No dont need root, i think it will work with other apps because it do not overide other apps, the only thing you need to do after you transfer it to sd card is in settings applikation trick the unknown sources

5. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I have Gallery3D from XDA loaded on my not rooted Sprint Hero and it seems to only view Picasa. And, the Picasa images can only be seen inside the Gallery app since the images stay on Picasa. Whenever I take a picture on the phone, it never automatically syncs up to Picasa. I have to manually upload the pictures every time.

6. amlothi

amlothi Well-Known Member

Google + app allows you to automatically sync photos taken on your phone. I expect this functionality will become even more integrated in updated versions of Android, and once Google+ gets a proper public release.

Not sure why Picasa hasn't been better integrated from the beginning though.