Picasa uploaderGeneral

1. jamesmania88

jamesmania88 Well-Known Member

This application was automatically installed on my phone why??? Also there is no base uninstall so can I remove it without bricking my device?

Advertisement
    :
  2. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

You can always freeze it I believe
  3. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

Not meaning to diss James but I'm not getting his complaint.

I assume you mean the "Share With" thinggummer for Percasser when you take a pic. (Since there was no Percasser App preloaded on my Spirit.)

It's not like they singled Percasser out, there are at least 10 other share withs you can also pick from. I doubt the function uses Any (or much) juice or memory if you don't use it.

Mine doesn't work everytime for me but when it does it's a really easy peasy way to get an image to your on-line Percasser area. Much quicker than D/L to your Pooder and then going into your Pooder's Percasser and uploading to their site.

Percasser is hands down the best freebie image editor and storage area. No one else is even in the same galaxy. :rolleyes: The editor works remarkably well and is very easy to use and with Google swimming in $ they don't bombard people who look at your pics with all kinds of pop-up BS and ads like almost all the other pic services do.

I do A LOT of work with Percasser both the editor and the storage area uploading to various forums and sharing pics. IMO, it's one of the best things Google ever did and it's still FREE. I have a metric assload of pics in their cloud and I haven't even put a dent in my free storage area.

That's why I'm not really gettin' the complaint I guess. :eek:

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  4. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

I think the point is, it's his phone and he feels like I do.... we want the ability to choose which apps are installed in our phones whether they be excellent apps or not. Rooting allows this.

And to answer the original question, yes it's safe to uninstall if you're rooted.
  5. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

How to remove picasa uploader

---If you want to remove it, just navigate to /system/app with your file browser (must be rooted)
    ---Then delete MediaUploader.apk & MediaUploader.odex
    ---Now reboot your phone... Done

Personally, I love this feature because it allows me to upload to picasa web on the fly.

***For anyone concerned, uploads from phone to picasa web is disabled, because google is switching the service to google+.
    For more info on this, go here...
    Google Groups
    For work-around...
    http://support.google.com/picasa/answer/83342?hl=en
    Or...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imprologic.micasa&hl=en
  6. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I try to punch Google in the face every time they try and drag me to Goggle+.

Picasa isn't broke. It doesn't need fixin'.

:mad:

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  7. jamesmania88

jamesmania88 Well-Known Member

No worries I dont feel dissed. Like scrap said I feel like i paid for it so I should be able to install what I want and should be notified when these apps installed themselves.