Picked my EVO up at Radio Shack as a walk-in

Last Updated:

1. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I waited in front of the store (I was the first one there and got there at 4am) and I have to say it was well worth the wait. As soon as I powered it up it did an OTA update to correct the storage card issue. I have loaded about 20 apps and I still have 360 MB free internal storage. No lag, It responds perfectly to gestures. Very fluid. i can't put it down. I am going to test everything out on it and post my thoughts. So far it has delivered as promised and then some.

Advertisement
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
  2. backdown

backdown Well-Known Member

We got there at 6 this morning, and no one showed up till 830. The radioshack guy came out and said they only had two phones out of preorders, so i was able to get mine. I was messing with it for an hour and went to return my moment to stock so i can sell it, and there is soooo much difference. Worth it? Hell yeah.

3. ejpyle

ejpyle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah my wife calls herself the EVO widow. If course she took my Hero off my hands and digs that too. This phone has well exceeded any expectation I had of it as well as any negative reviews that I have read.

4. SubSolar

SubSolar Member

Getting mine now too. Radio Shack down the street only had 4 people in front of me, walked in at 6:15 too. Taking awhile cause systems are bogged down though.

5. AndroBob

AndroBob New Member

Got mine this morning as a walk in - got there at 9 - No shacks in the area were doing early open. I was the first person there, got 1 of the 2 non preorders available. Set up in 15 minutes and was on my way. Shortly after I arrived 1 or 2 preorders came in to get theirs.

6. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

I had a BB pre-order and got there early. RS is right next door so I walked in and to my surprise they had 1 extra that wasn't pre-ordered. So I picked it up and will use the $50 BB gift card for some accessory.

Just started playing with it, since I'm a former iPhone lover this takes some time getting used to. Does anyone know how to change the default clock on the home screen? I know ....duh right??

7. pcsperson

pcsperson Well-Known Member

i got radio shack about 530 this morning news about 6 other people with not pre ordered and 1 person that preload. i was the fifth person in line and first to my phone activation completed. after that employe tried show me a few things on how use the phone but he didn't really know how to use it . went home used the EVO until it died then set it to charge .

8. offtheRIM

offtheRIM Well-Known Member

My RadioShack had 1 extra phone so I bought it as well as my Pre-Order EVO. :D

9. fireburster

fireburster Active Member

had the phone in hand but they needed my wife to sign the papers for me to add to her account. Didnt say that when i called the night before. So no evo for me.

10. Loonytunes

Loonytunes Well-Known Member

You have to be on the account as an "authorized user." If not, they need her permission. She can set you up over sprint chat and add you.