Picked up my Maxx last night and I have a ?General

1. elcameano

elcameano Well-Known Member

Like it says, I upgraded from my old Razr Maxx to the new Droid Maxx and I have done some digging around on the old inter web today on this question and I think I have got it figured out but would someone to tell me I'm right. When I installed the fb app and signed in but it never asked if I wanted to sync my contacts, so I went in and manually did it but I never got my contact pics to sync with their profile pics. Now from what I have read today Android 4.0 and up makes you use a secondary app to fully sync contacts and to get the contact pics. Is that right? if not how do I get them to do it? I tried to uninstall and reinstall the facebook app but still didnt ask.

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yes, that's right. Facebook would allow users to enter GMail credentials to look for friends online but would not reciprocate for Google, so they pulled the ability to sync contacts in Android. (As I remember the circumstances.)

Here is a thread that discusses this: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-maxx/758181-facebook-contacts.html

I've read about UberSync and Sync.Me as well.

I own a Mac and use a contact app (on the Mac) called CoBook which syncs my contacts with Facebook and Google rather than use my phone to do the same. That works great.
    dantheman7 and elcameano like this.
  3. dantheman7

dantheman7 Well-Known Member

I use HaxSync, which works quite well.
    doogald likes this.