• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picked up the EVO, but Internet still not Activated yet...

NBAJ2K

May 12, 2010
anyone else still waiting for their activation to completely go through?

I can make and receive calls but can't get on the web yet. Just called CS and they said it might be awhile.

I'm excited to have the phone, but can't wait to actually try it out once the internet is activated. Hopefully it is just an hour or 2.

~J

I can make and receive calls but can't get on the web yet. Just called CS and they said it might be awhile.

I'm excited to have the phone, but can't wait to actually try it out once the internet is activated. Hopefully it is just an hour or 2.

~J

Pull your battery, that usually speeds the process. You also may be victim to an overloaded system with the number of activations and provisions they have going on today.

Upvote 0
I also can not get Data service through Sprint yet. I would think that when I use my home wireless internet I would be able to load up Facebook and setup gmail account, and shop the market, but can not. IS that correct?

BB was in such a hurry they didn't stick around to check to see my phone didn't activate either. A quick chat with a rep off their website got them to fix my MSID (it was set wrong) and they led me through the steps to fix it. After that things started working. Also my first call went to their activation line, which I had to answer some stuff again, then I was hassle free.

Upvote 0
I bought my Evo at Radioshack, some guy didn't pick his up. I feel EXTREMELY guilty cause he probably REALLY wanted his phone and didnt get it. PS, I went to Radioshack at 7PM, that guy totally just put $50 down the drain.

Good News is I have my Evo, Complete with a 27% monthly discount.
Bad News is the Sprint Activation Problem. I'm not gonna blame it on Sprint at ALL. Im hoping for thier success and if caused a nationwide activation problem, then hopefully that means they got a lot of buyers.

Upvote 0

~J

right after i sent this message, i lucked out and it finally started working :)

Upvote 0
My port over from AT&T took 2 hours to complete and another 45mins before I was able to use data on my new EVO. The Sprint activation service took a big hit today.

My port took forever too. The new account took a while to become active so a second line could be added and then At&t didn't want to let my number go. I'd imagine the At&t network was taxed today to with all the ports going on.

Upvote 0

~J

Mine took hours and two calls to Sprint. Activation was a MESS!

Upvote 0
I also pre ordered my evo from radio shack and ported my number. Same situation, I activated at 7:30 am, and was still receiving calls on my old phone at 2pm. When I called customer service they said the request from radio shack was incomplete. Voice and text are we working, but still no data. Weird thing is that my husband's phone on the same plan is working no problem!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones